Friday, December 13, 2013

DBD #9 Noodles Feast: Ah I think this will be the first of many DBD here in Asia, don't worry you will hear about every single one :) At times I am a bit of an open book. Having 2 older sisters I didn't really talk until I was about 5, and then I was painfully shy until 23 {still am, I just hide it better} ....and so I talk non stop to make up for lost time. I don't have secrets, I am fine revealing my inadequacies, and I have no problems giving out personal details.....like this one: Tinder is a dating app, it is shallow. It shows you the how far away in miles someone is from you, and then a few pictures of them. You swipe left if you don't like them, right if you do, and if you like, and they like, you get to text each other.  This was the best modality I could locate for my situation here in Singapore. And then I went on this date: Australian, blond, tall, attractive. We met for dinner and one of the many amazing food centers here with food stalls all around:

"Okay what do you want? What sounds good"
"Oh tonight I am starving so anything but Korean food"
"Okay well go figure it out"

? huh? off I went not really sure with how this was going to work, do I find food then tell him what I want?  I looked back and he was literally on Tinder checking out other girls! I could see his phone. I made a quick loop, then came back to the table:

"Well what did you find? What looked good?"
"The prawn noodles looked great."
"Okay {awkward pause as he looks at me funny}....maybe you don't know how this works, one person gets their food, then the other person gets their food and then we both eat, cause we both have food."

In shock, I went to grab food, didn't have cash, they only take cash, so I found an ATM, then got my prawn noodles with 2 bowls so we could do this sharing thing he suggested. Went back to the table:

"Sorry it took a while, I didn't have any cash so I had to find an ATM."
"Well looks like you figured it out." {I wanted to punch him in the throat}

 He got up to get his food, I sat there looking into the prawns beady black eyes asking, "what am I doing here, this guys is awful!" He came back with only one plate. No sharing. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, bad idea. He really was awful. Said how amazing his food was but never offered me to taste. He talked the entire time about his work, his need for more pages in his passport because he filled up the ones he had, his ex fiance, and how all divorced women are emotional wrecks. Before I knew it, my food was gone and I hadn't said a word. He got up, got a coffee, didn't offer to grab me, but when I came back said:

"you can get something to drink you know"


The date ended after that, we went our separate ways as the metro approached, he turned back and said:

" Let's do this again"
"We can't, I'm divorced, therefore an emotional wreck." 

Thank you Tinder and Chris for a lovely evening, and the first of many DBD's in Asia. {and I think Tinder should now pay me money for talking about them}

No comments:

Post a Comment