Wednesday, March 13, 2013


I am a little bit awful, I think. I walked outside today after work, and it was lovely. Sunny, 51, blue sky, I took a couple runs and I wanted it to stop. Stop the sun, stop the 51 degrees, I need more snow!After 6 years in DC I have missed winter :( I want more than just 2 months of: crisp powder crunching beneath my feet, snowflakes almost suspended in the glow of streetlights, the feeling of the chill air brushing my cheeks as I maneuver the various runs {thinking, "don't fall, don't fall, don't fall, I know you haven't done this in a while and you are skiing like you know what you are doing, but let's be honest here MK, you aren't that good any more, slow down and next time start with a green circle not a black diamond! and plus how embarrassing would it be to have to have ski patrol pick your sorry butt off the mountain where you work!"}. I need more winter! All of Utah is most likely cursing anyone who thinks this, because our winter was the coldest since the 1940's, but I still need a little more snow. I am revamping that nursery rhyme, "Sun, sun go away, come again another day, MK needs to ski!"

1 comment:

  1. So is it terrible to admit that during all those years I lived in Utah, I never learned to ski?? Wow, I'm such a loser! :-) So glad you enjoyed the run. And I agree with you - I love winter! Give me snow!

    ReplyDelete