Saturday, March 16, 2013

Travel: for me it is sometimes better known as, The Unfathomable Momentary Anxiety that ensues moments before I take that final step that will rip me from my comfort zone. I am a wild thing, a rambuncious sort with energy for 6, and control issues for 13. However, I am cautious on the inside, shy with the unknowns. I have much less of a sense of adventure than most would be led to believe. I go with what I "know". In every new city I find my constants: an art museum, a bakery, a body of water {if available}. I start with my constants, then when my figurative feet are wet, I venture into the unknowns. I must establish familiarity so I feel I belong, just a bit, then I can explore. Today is not a great unknown, just a little one. So:

Goodbye Rocky Mountains....
Hello Windy City

No comments:

Post a Comment