Saturday, January 19, 2013

Month 1 done and done:it has been one month since I arrived in Utah. One month since I left my 3 darlings in DC, started work @ Sundance, one month since I closed a very, very dear chapter in my life. And the general feeling is .....great.  My darling DC apartment is replaced by: the same room I used in High School {yes it looks the same, not because my parents had a shrine for me, but because it was charming when I was in high school. No band posters, no I heart the New Kids/Backstreet Pre-pubescents paraphernalia, no trendy fuzzy hearts on the bathroom mirrors. It's not so charming now! there are boxes of my stuff everywhere.}. My jetta is replaced by: a luxury SUV with a heated steering wheel.....no I didn't get a new car, I just can't get mine up the canyon in this much snow so I have to use my dad's, thanks dad :).  The 3 little darlings that used to be "work" are replaced by: 3, 60 qt. mixers, 3 giant ovens, stainless as far as the eye can see, white noise from the radio in the corner, and not nearly as many, "I love you Ica" 's. I feel like I have been here for months, maybe it is because my typical work week is 86 hours? maybe it is just because this move was meant to be and the timing and the job and the new old room are perfect? maybe I don't known all the reason, but this first month has been great and it is done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment