Thursday, January 17, 2013

Essentials and Contents: I love to consider the evolution we each make in our lives. I am approaching 1 month here in Utah, and already the evolution has been very apparent. 

Just a few months ago my "essentials" were: long walks, early 6am mornings before the city wakes up, weekly ( if not daily) chats with mom, cute outfits, fancy hair, frequent trips to Annapolis to clear my head, a few shows on hulu, take as many pictures as possible....I was a single girl in DC, these things made sense. 

These were my essential today: bun on head as usual so hair is not in food, deodorant....sometimes it happens that @ 4am I forget, clean socks and chef pants that don't completely reek of kitchen, breakfast ... don't leave it on the counter again, you will end up eating cookie dough for breakfast, at least one break to walk outside and look at the mountain....just don't take too long because you have cakes in the oven, potty break....don't try "hold it" for 12 hours, yes the board is full of orders but they can wait 27 seconds. In a short 4 weeks all my "essentials" have changed. 

Just a few month ago the contents of my purse was this: wallet, keys, perfect lipgloss, cute sunglasses, a  secret treat for my 3 littles, eyebrow pencil for quick touchups, phone, and a planner.

Today I dumped out my bag to find my keys, and the contents was this: gum, recipe book, 5 sharpies, 3 pens, 30 some-odd bobbie pins, burn cream, waterproof bandaids, yogurt I remembered off the counter but forgot to put in the fridge and/or eat, streusel from the top of the pie I carried with me home from work, and finally my keys :)

I am alright with evolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment