Monday, November 26, 2012

Merci:Turkeys have been picked, stuffing is long gone, humanity has returned to life as usual. Fluorescent lighting, rhythmic tapping of keyboards, emails, meetings, and of course now the post Thanksgiving diet so all can be perfect for that ever important Christmas photo.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it combines my 3 favorite things, people, food, and things to be grateful for. This year I am thankful for much and many:

First and foremost I am thankful for my knowledge of God. His presence in my life this past year has been truly essential for my survival. In a close second {and an odd one at that} I am thankful for my divorce, it taught me that I could do hard things, recover, forgive, and remain friends with my former husband even after everything that had happened. I am thankful for Gable, the man that surprisingly entered the scene for the 11 months after the divorce, who helped me pick up the pieces, loved me dearly, who made me feel again, and who made the world stand still when we were together. I have no doubt he was my carefully packaged, delivered at just the right time, gift from God. I am thankful for my "net" of amazing men and women: Ruth, Melissa M., Melissa B., Wendy, Shelly, Libby, Laura, Stacey, Lark, Hannah BV, Jen H., Devin, Lee, and on and on....that I knew would catch me if I needed it, on really hard days. And last, I am thankful for my family, the amazing colorful mosaic of passionate life, love, support, and wisdom that I am proud to call mine. I have not always felt it, but I do so now, that my life and everyone in it, is a fine hewed precious gift that I am tenderly and sincerely grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment