Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gender: I think it is simply a right of passage going from young to old(ish), for some to be not completely "cozy" if you will, in embracing all that their given gender can offer. Embracing your gender means that you have to be confident, secure, loved by yourself, and honest. {This doesn't mean if you are a man you must be macho and if you are a woman you must be prissy and kept} There was a time I was thrilled to be tough, strong, sometimes even thought of as, "one of the guys", when I was 15-18 I stole my little brother's boy scout pants and wore them all the time! While I am still stupidly strong and rather tough, as time has gone on I realize more and more that I really love being a woman. I like painting my nails, wearing lipstick, getting fancy for no reason, I love wearing high heels, I love the feeling of freshly shaved legs, being held. {I realize many of these traits used to be the "it" thing for men} Besides the fickle silly things I just mentioned, I love that women are instinctively nurturing, caring, and sensitive. I love being a woman and I love having people in my life {and by people I mean men :)} that appreciate all that that entails and thus enhance how I feel about my gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment