Sunday, October 16, 2011

Definition: I think it is important to be able to look at yourself in a constructive way and determine who you are, what you want, and what is getting in your way. And I mean doing so in an honest way not this:

"I am Monica and I am 28 I really love my family,

I like myself and my church,

my favorite color is pink

but sometimes green,

I want to be

a mommy someday

to a bunch of little kiddos:)" BARF!!

That gets you no where! The whole purpose of honestly asking yourself those questions it to identify what is standing in the way of who you are and what you want and making a plan for how you can become something better than you are today so you can achieve your "wants". It isn't something that can be done necessarily quickly and the fixing sometimes takes as long as the actual realization of the problem. Now, I will not share with you my entire definition because frankly getting to know some my weakness' alone hurts enough and I don't need all of you to be in on it too! and tooting my/your own horn is just wildly unattractive. But I will share this....

" I am Monica, I am 28 and I am a bit of a bad ass

(ya I wrote ass not a*% get over it)

because today while

showering I turned around to

see a spider crawling up my shower

wall arachnophobia style and instead of screeching and jumping

out,

without blinking I smashed that sucker

with my bare hands.

Then I rinsed, repeated, conditioned and took this picture:"

(look at the upper right hand corner to see the carnage)


No comments:

Post a Comment