Sunday, May 11, 2014

It was mother's day, and I happened to be at the same place at the same time as my mother on that day....so I messed up her kitchen.

and these are my thoughts on my mother:

She never bought me a water bra, but she introduced me to the wonders of the sea

She never bought me Seventeen Magazine, but she made sure I had a library of classics at my disposal.

She never put me in a pageant so I could say I wanted world peace, but she did take me to get my first passport so I could see the world.

She never suggested I hang posters of the latest boy band in my room, but she did listen to Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix on vinyl so it's okay. They are better then New Kids on the Block.

She never taught me how to use an eyelash curler, but she did teach me about the birds and the bees, (kind of, she skipped the boy and girl parts and jumped right to teaching me about an ectopic pregnancy) while driving on the freeway, because she knew I didn't want to hear about it, and she knew @ 65mph I couldn't escape.

She never taught me how to flirt, but she did teach me how to make homemade pasta, and that's gets farther than batting your eyelashes----or so I hope :)

She never ignored a dream, or a phone call. She never told me I couldn't reach an aspiration. She never lied to me, or told me I was better than I really was. She never discounted my feelings, or fell asleep before I got home after a date. She never once stopped believing in me, and that poor dear, I don't think I will ever let her. She is my mother, my friend, my cheer section, and my confidant. I am a strong successful woman, only because she showed me how me live, and how to love, and that there is no limit to the wonder and joy that this life contains.

No comments:

Post a Comment