Sunday, March 9, 2014

Moments: the pool of hollandaise was perfection as it caressed those perfectly poached eggs aloft exquisite parma ham and sourdough. Snapped a photo then my first thought, "OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO INSTAGRAM THIS #brunchisawesome, #iheartmylife!" I should whatsapp my mom and tell her i wish she was here, put it on facebook because it is so luscious! ah ah ah ....

but I didn't. I resisted the urge...and resisted the urge to get a better picture. So many of my beautiful moments are cheapened because I long to share them with others. Yes sharing is a good thing, but at times, it is not. Hollandaise gets cold quickly, and by the time my meal was shared with the electronic universe, it's eggy citrus goodness would be lessened. My moment would be less. I think I need to let life sink in more, so much of it just hits the surface and I hashtag or send or post it so quickly that I never give the little snippets of life time to sink into my soul and truly enhance my life. I take my eyes off the moments far too quickly. .....and for the record, the eggs benedict altered my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment