Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years Eve:I am quite juvenile in my day dreams. I dream of the perfect Christmas in a cabin, a New Year's Eve party where I have the quintessential party dress and perfect hair, and get a really really great kiss just as the clock turns 12:00 and fireworks start. Maybe someday. But for right now....I am completely in love with this. I worked New Year's Eve with Adam and Wei Chan. They are better than a dress and a kiss. We found little ways to enjoy the day: putting stuff into liquid nitrogen, having a contest to see who could unwrap the hi-chew in their mouth the fastest (I won, but only because neither had ever heard of such a thing)
as the tickets came through one after another, after another, I couldn't snap out of it, the nostalgic coma I had created. Thinking back to all that had happened in the past 12 months. The people, the places, the love, the joy, the laughter, the learning, the giant flops, the adventures, the blessings. I don't think I stopped smiling all day.
I could go on and bore you with more of my deep thoughts that I think are real good, but I will spare you.....and give you photos instead :) Happy New Year
the last selfies of the year....taken at 11:59p
 
 
I did get my fireworks

what the restaurant looks like after a giant party
and lastly my giant face....first selfie of 2014....as I looked over all the chaos of a whole bunch of people trying to get to the metro, and realized I wasn't getting home anytime soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Glad you are enjoying your Singapore adventure! Great things are ahead for you in 2014 and beyond :)

    ReplyDelete