Sunday, October 13, 2013

Economy: And voila the eagle has landed. I am sweating like a pig in the Shanghai airport. My ideal travel outfit: cotton cardigan, scarf,  long dress, is now working against me as I enter hot humid China. In a glorious turn of events we got to sit in business class during this 13 hr flight from Seattle to China, complete with fully reclining seat, down blanket,  fluffy standard size pillow, and a hot towel before my bacon wrapped scallop dinner (don't be jealous, it was inedible). In typical Monica fashion, I of course wanted to appear as glamourous as possible while in business class.....and then the flight attendant spilled wine on me due to turbulence ....and then he spilled beer in my ice cream (i ate it anyway, it was just a little beer) ....and then I forgot to check if the guy before me had put the seat down, and he hadn't so i fell in, and my buns hit the cold steel of the bowl....and and then I fell asleep in my Delta bed .......and then I slept with my mouth open....and then Brian took a picture and showed it to me when I woke up, yowzer. All attempts at glamour had failed. You can take the girl out of economy, but sometimes you can't take the economy out of the girl :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment