Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Dinner: Getting to know new people is a double edged sword for me, I have such shyness around the edges, but a never ending abundance for adventure, and new people are always an adventure. I was invited to sunday dinner with some people I have recently met, and they are always an adventure. Just wait, I will show you:

Setting....a lovely Sunday Dinner & Ashley's, 21st birthday a neighbor walks in, starts up a conversation, then this happened...

Various member of the family: "We love your dog, he is so cute" "He is the perfect animal for you"

Neighbor (45 single woman): "oh actually he died a month ago."

Jonny (26): "He Gone"

Me: (shock and awe J would say that! turning red enough for everyone @ the table, and trying to laas quietly as possible, because while it was irreverent, it was pretty funny)

Neighbor:.... ya she said nothing

Jonny's Dad (with the recovery): "I don't think dogs like me very much. There was this one time this dog was getting in the trash, so I went out one day and kicked him. He went whimpering down the street. Every time after that that I saw that dog, we would just cower in fear and pee by my feet".

Jonny's Uncle: "I was over at a neighbor's once waiting for something. I was maybe 12 or 13. Their dog walked over to me, peed on the floor, then fell over in the pee! I am standing there alone next to this dog thinking, "is this normal? is anyone else seeing this? do I tell them", on my way out I kind of quickly said, "Hey I think there is something wrong with your dog". Found out later the dog died that day"

Just a normal, little 21st birthday conversation. How I love the adventure people bring to my life. How drab mine would be without my family, and the moments I get to spend with other's.


No comments:

Post a Comment