Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Traveling alone definitely has its ups....you decide each days itinerary, you decide the pace, what to eat, and when to wake. You can take as long as you want in the shower, you can watch TV till the wee hours {I have not done this, I like sleep top much....but I could} you can stop in every bakery, paper store, toy store, and you never have worry if you're snoring {I am sure I am a veritable symphony seeing as I am still trying to kick this 3 month sniffle} Traveling alone definitely has its downs.....you are the only one ever making decisions, no one is there to take your picture so you end up propping the camera on trash cans, stairs, benches, your purse, and planter boxes, there is no one to share the pastries with, and when you see something really funny, you are the only one that laughs so you look just a little crazy, there is no one to tell you if you tucked your shirt into your underwear or have mascara smeared on your face, or curry in your teeth { yes these have all happened in the last 48 hrs} There are pros and cons to this little adventure I find myself on, biggest pro today...changing the itinerary 36 times and finally settling on my original plan and no one was annoyed but me :) biggest con....wishing my mom and sisters were with me as I viewed: literally billions of dollars of gems {I needed the geologist Beth and Jen to tell me what they were and Audrey to mindlessly drool with me},  then gazed at the worlds largest aquarium viewing window @ the Singapore Aquarium { i didn't know which fish I was looking at, I needed Teresa and Hannah}. But for more than just their knowledge of things, sharing memories with the ones I love is better than escaping fornan adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment