Sunday, February 24, 2013

While speaking to a group at Harvard Business School, Elder Anderson mentioned that it's always easier to see the Lord's hand looking back.  I agree, but I also think there are times when you see His hand every minute, of every day. I am a firm believer He is always mindful of us, but I think there are certain times when He bumps us to the front of the line, the ICU, the round the clock watch.  From about March 2011-Feb 2012 I think I was on that "list".   I am and was grateful for His careful nurturing, but thankfully those times are gone. Now I am just in the "normal" lot and if I am careful, I see His hand once in a while: 

  • It came as an evening with Ruth, we had nachos and laughed so hard we cried 
  • It came as a Taco Tuesday with the Melissa's, they never knew what was beneath the surface, they didn't need to, I just needed them to be there
  • It came as a bundle of moving blankets and tape from Laura + 2 kids who showed up unprompted when I had no idea what I was going to do
  • It came as extra muscles from Dave and Melissa when I knew I couldn't pack one more box
  • It came as a hug and a, "I've been thinking about you" from Leigh
  • It came as a text from a friend in Boston
  • It came as a phone call after work from Wendy
  • It came as in invitation from Devin and Stephanie
  • It came as a relayed message from Teresa that @ the baby shower I missed, the Vanbibber crew asked about me and sent their love.
There are pages and pages and pages of examples in all of our lives, those listed were the first that came to my mind. I think everything happens for a reason and sometimes, without a shadow of a doubt, I am positive, He is behind it, He is the reason.


1 comment:

  1. You were an instrument in his hands when you sent me a text to check in, thank you for being so in tune. Love you!

    ReplyDelete