Saturday, February 9, 2013

Red Velvet: @ Sundance there are 3 ski shacks that we make treats for every morning. And every morning the the bearded rough and tumble employees who work there come to pick up their treats. Well all are rough and tumble except one, Creek Side Guy. He of course works at the Creek Side shack and I know his name but I refer to him as Creek Side Guy.  He is simply lovely, curly hair, giant smile, piercing teal eyes, 6'3", and he probably has a girl friend, but we shamelessly flirt with anything male that comes through the kitchen, because we have been there since 4am and it is the only fun we get. So, back to the story.....CSG comes in yesterday and this time he lingers. He says, "it is warm and always smells good down here, maybe I should come hang out here more often" ...and I am thinking, "yes yes yes hang out here!!" but I don't say that. In a nonchalant way I say, "whatever" and then I flash a little side smile and a wink. Good move right :). It is at this point I walk 2 steps and turn on the mixer {so he can see me work pastry magic} and in the anxious, I am so awkward and I generally suck at flirting, madness that was going on, I forget to check the mixers speed. And you guessed it, it is on high, I need it on low!, so when I turn it on, red velvet cake flies everywhere, but mostly on me, my face, my chef coat, my hair.  Smooth move MK. CSG laughs uncomfortably, and not knowing really what to do, he exits stage right.

1 comment: