Friday, December 28, 2012

DBD #5 Supple Feast:  he came to the door and the only thing I thought was, "another LDSsingles deception! He looks nothing like his pictures". His pictures had promised a 34 year old stud, I got the underbaked, doughy version that was actually 26. He mentioned he had put a lot of thought into the artistic date. He liked to do something "artsy" on the first date.  I love artsy. Bring it on. Let's sculpt, let's paint, let's go to galleries. YAY! Moments later we were in the hospital parking lot, far far away from the traditional "artsy" ideas I had in my head.  He hands me a pack of post-it notes. We are going to leave inspirational messages on peoples cars. Kill me now. I was so uncomfortable! And it kept going. Wal-Mart parking lot, yogurt place parking lot, grocery store parking lot. Note after sticky note. I didn't want to make him feel dumb so I complied, but it was hard. An awkward hour and 47 min passed and we were back to my house.  As we walked to the door I noticed he was applying chapstick like it was his job. I knew for him there was only one direction, direct contact.  We got to the door.....there was a quick hug......he tried to linger longer in the hug but I broke away.....he said something, you know the usual, "well I had a great time" and then his eyes did that thing. You know what I am talking about, it is when the look switches from looking at your eyes to glazed over, focusing all  energy on the other person, it is the look that screams, "I am going to kiss you!" Well luckily I knew the look so I was prepared. He went in for the kill and I turned my head. Then, thanks to Sundance, I had the glorious excuse of getting to say that I had to go, because I worked at 4am that next day.  I went to walk in.....AHHHHHH the front door is locked! I knew he would want to walk me to the back and try again. Instead I just said, "Oh this one is locked I will go around. Thank you, goodnight." and I was off like a flash tripping, almost falling over the uneven ground in my boots, trying as I might and succeeding but looking like a fool, while quickly escaping a well moisturized kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment