Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Kitchen Conversation:-I am green, he is blue,  pastry ladies are purple-

it's day 2 for me at Sundance, a curly haired, 45ish year old chef walks by, points at me, and says

"New girl"
"Oh you probably don't know how to properly introduce yourself to new stafff! Let me help you, -I walk around the counter and hold out my hand- Hi, I am Monica"
"I am Carl*, but you can call me Sir"
"That's not happening, I will call you Carl*."
I turn to walk back to my task, then turn back around and say,
"On second thought you can call ME Sir!"
then I return to my station and ask the others who that was..
"The assistant executive chef!"
"Is he going to hate me forever?"
"Yep"
"Can I fix it?"
"Nope"

nice work MK.

*the chefs name has been changed from his real name, Jeff, to Carl, for privacy reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment