Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DBD #2 Fancy Feast: {because this is only the second one I will explain it again....DBD stands for Dive Bomb Date and I won't give all the details...just the funny ones :) } This past one wasn't nearly as good as the first....an Afghan funeral is hard to beat :)....and it should be said that I am truly flattered every time a man thinks he wants to get to know me. Now all the disclaimers are out of the way,

the texts:
"Dinner tonight? 7:30p"
"Sure, where"
"how do you feel about sharing food?"
"fine"
"good because I am not really hungry so I figured we can share a plate"

and all of a sudden I feel like I am an octogenarian. I need to have a good night so I headed off to the gym figuring I'd get ripped :) before dinner then give about 20 min to get ready. I get back from the gym to find his rendezvous text has come and the designated spot is 45+ min away {I later find out it is only 5 min from his house} and the only way you can get there is to take the toll road...so get this, he's not only not coming to pick me up but I have to drive an hour to him and pay tolls, and we are sharing food! I go anyway. I get there, as promised he is a brilliant scientists, nice enough, dressed like he just got out of a really really cold lab.....thick corduroy pants, warm shirt, shower sandals? He remains seated, I walk up, he says "hi", then mumbles some quirk about my hair, limited eye contact. He orders for us, as promised one plate. Food comes, looks amazing, I could eat 2 plates by myself I am starving and the waitress just brought me a teacup saucer as the second plate. He proceeds to cut every item in half and because my plate is so small he cuts up little bites and places them on my plate for me. At first I think it's a joke then it continues! I feel like the cat on the Queen of Sheba commercials, me and my fancy feast. He mumbles the whole meal and it is really hard to hear him so I say "I am sorry what did you say" a lot and I have to sit really close to hear even 12%. Dinner ends, we walk around. Conversation's awkward or maybe normal I can't hear it.

"so where did you park I have to work at 9am so you'd better go" -it is now 21:05 does he really need 11 hours of sleep?-
"I parked about 3 blocks from here"
"Okay well have a good night". And with folded arms my darling scientist in cords walks away and I walk back to my car, alone, starving, and in the dark only to drive 1hr and $4.25 home.

2 comments:

  1. So has he called? I'm curious to see if he thought it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm dying of laughter! That is hilarious.... Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete