Saturday, June 16, 2012

Macgyver/Sherlock: my current dilemma dealt neither with impending death nor a talking car, however it did require more trickery and thought than usual. Here's the story: Gable and I had been on a train in Euroland when a jumper jumped delaying our train 1+hr thus entitling us to a refund. The refund required quite a bit of information much of which was not on our ticket.
  1. What time? it was an open ticket but I had taken a picture of our food moments before we boarded! Thank you Canon for having the timing displayed if you want it.
  2. Between which stations? like I know, hopped on a few German/Dutch sites and found exactly which stations we were in between
  3. When did we get in? how should I know. Then I remembered we had put our luggage into lockers so we could look around without bags and I still had the receipt. Printed at 16:59 meaning we got in around 16:50 perfect.
so with the use of a laptop, a camera, an old train ticket, and an old locker ticket I have completed my form and facilitated a $74 refund.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever need a PI I will come to you :) Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete