Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 3: not nearly as many Mosquitos tonight but still enough to make me adore climatized air. An early morning stroll took me to the remaining 3 museums in Brugge as well as up the 366 steps of the belfry. 366 steep, narrow, slick steps up to an amazing vantage point equal to that of most postcards. The city was buzzing as it was the day of Pentecost and Brugge is very catholic, but having been here for 2 days already I could weasel my way through back streets to avoid the crowd. I boarded my train at 2 to head back to Amsterdam to meet up with Gable...hopefully. From his last FB post it showed his plane had a flat so I may very well have just had another city to myself. The train was quick and picturesque vistas offered superb companionship for my 4 hr ride to Man. Then shock set in...Amsterdam Gare is ridiculous ! Trams and trains and busses and holy crap. So i did what most ladies do best....nope i didn't find a wifi hotspot to look up my address....nope i didn't start crying....yep I use my gender and found a studly bunch of police and asked them where to go. Bat bat bat from the lashes....oh uh tram 24 we will walk you there. Ya you will...thanks boys, I like Amsterdam already. 4 stops, 5 blocks, and I was at the Easyhotel room 2.20. A little note from Man said he had gone to the spine conference so I shut my eyes till a knock at the door came. Now don't get me wrong he is a good looking man and I am not attached by any means but seeing him on the other side of at door was a site for sore eyes. Quick hello and then we were off to find the first of many kebabs....and it was just as I remembered....a messy bunch of wonderful meat stuffed into a pita with lettuce, tomato, onion, herissa, and topped with garlicky yogurt sauce. 5€ of pure bliss. Man asked after a few minutes why I ate with my back to him, my response, "I want to eat this thing in peace without judgements because I have sauce all over my face and am taking bites that are so big I have to chew with my mouth open" so with back turned I devoured my lamby bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment