Friday, April 20, 2012

Flaws: certain things in life are better when they are perfect: manicures, diamonds, camera lenses, dental work, safety & emissions inspections on your car. Certain things I think are better flawed: people. I say this because I myself am flawed and while I don't adore my large flaws {I am working on a few} I do love my little flaws because they make me, me: I have a chickenpox scar on my back, I snort sometimes when I laugh, I swallow my gum, I mix up words ... while reading a sign the other day, instead of saying "loco taco" I said, "laco toco", my teeth chatter when I get tired, I hang up too quickly on the phone {okay this one I don't love but it is "little" and mine}, I am a bit of a flirt, I wiggle when the food I am eating is great, I talked to myself when I am really upset or in the grocery store {and against popular belief- NJF- I am not crazy!}, I am indecisive when it comes to picking movies, I drive my car about 40 miles after the gas light goes on, I listen to songs I like over and over and over again, I rarely carry cash, I hate wearing close toed shoes {as a nasty consequence my feet are often cold, go figure}, I treat strangers as old friends sometimes creating an awkward situation because they don't understand my sarcasm, there are more but we can stop here for today. The entire point of me listing my flaws is this....in their most basic forms, I think that friendships and loves are: knowing and accepting another's flaws while not being afraid to expose your own, and from time to time, finding a few of their's rather quaint.

1 comment:

  1. Moore, I love you and all those "flaws" that you listed are reasons why and simply make me smile! Thanks for loving me even with my crazy flaws! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete