Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Forward:here you have the Australian coat of arms. Someone once asked a native why the koala was not represented along with the emu and kangaroo....valid question. The answer was this, the kangaroo and the emu are depicted on the coat of arms because neither species due to their anatomical structure, can take a step back. What perfect subtlety, only forward movement. What a brilliant thing it would be if we as people simply moved forward in our work, our relationships, our family life, our personal growth. I like to think I move forward, improve, and leave the past, but then there are those times when I feel as though I am racing down the up escalator trying to regain what was lost, or redo what has already been done. . . but it is futile. A friend's husband always writes: I love you more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow. How I adore that thought...realizing that today is, and should be, more -in someway or another- than the day before but not as much as tomorrow. Living in the present but moving forward to the tomorrows, and never back to the yesterdays.

1 comment: