Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ninja: so I may not have taken karate, I have never been in a proper dojo, nor have I been to Japan, China, either of the Koreas, or Thailand however, last night after a late movie, I felt like a ninja. I had stepped out of the house and gone straight from gym to theater so luckily I was armed in black yoga pants, black hoodie, unluckily no house key! This isn't my first rodeo, I used to break into my sister Jen's house all the time to secretly watch TV. She thinks I borrowed her clothes....lies....I just wanted the cozy couch, the TV and the endless supply of shrimp in her fridge. Back to the sneaking...no keys, too late to call a friend who has a spare so I parked in the back alley, stood on the racks on my car to hop over a fence, squeeze under another, and then cross the private courtyard where only meters away a party was going on inside but I was stealthy and ran across the courtyard threw my self at the last hurdle and luckily had just enough vertical lift to grab the fence use the adrenalin I had pumping through my veins to heft my lurpy post gym- post movie popcorn body over the fence and flop into my backyard. I climbed through a basement window and I was in. I grabbed my keys, moved my car and then went in to bake a cake....feeling a little like a ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment