Friday, December 9, 2011

Max: 3 letters, a little word that can be both/either a noun or an adjective. After getting better acquainted with "Max" during a simply poetic encounter in West Hartford, CT last weekend, I cannot resist but expose my new found source of great joy...

*be advised the following photographs may not be suitable for the hungry or pregnant*



Appetizers:
*pastrami rolled & wrapped in a thinly sliced pickle then battered, fried and served on a bed of sauerkraut*
*buffalo shrimp*

Meat
in the beginning
in the middle
in the end

*8 oz. angus beef stuffed with gorgonzola topped with arugula, grilled onions and mushrooms, bacon, and tomato, sandwiched between 2 munster grilled cheese sandwiches.*

my meshing of 2 of their burger to create a something truly spekateular
(spectacular + Kate= spekateular, ya it's a stretch I know)
Calories: really? you think I cared!! or wanted to know?

The atmosphere of the restaurant was near flawless. It started when the hostess said there was a 20 minute wait but would text us when our table was ready! What? I don't have to carry around a vibrating square that only works if I am 12 ft from the wait stand? They had me at text message. The decor was simple, and masculine, it fell like a well lit, rustic gay man cave. The food came quickly and was as specified and the service was prompt, apparent without hovering. Any one can make a creative burger, but for overall dining experience, Max easily tops my list as best burger ever, and that is saying something, I am a food snob.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a tease! That looks delicious. You have me drooling.

    ReplyDelete