Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2:am:lately my 2:ams look like this....
they do so or did last Thursday because my day had looked like this: wake up early, make cake batter, bake cakes, get twins ready for school, lunches, outfits, walk twins to school, handle 2 babies, frost 2 cakes, make cookie dough, let chill, roll, bake, let sit, pic up twins, take twins for hair cuts, pick up dry cleaning, clean the house, finish the laundry, pack for the weekend out of town, realize you left your straightener in Utah so instead of looking "hot" you get to be lukewarm with frizzy hair in another state, take 4 min to get ready for a blind-date, go on date, come home, breath and then....I did this. Note my tone, (which is NEVER accurately conveyed in written work) is one of relief like, "ah and then, then I got to do this", not "ugh, and then I did this" get it? So yes I love my 2:ams, complete silence -unless the ipod is in- no one needs me, the day is done {or just starting?}, everything is finished and I get to frost. Today was no exception, it was another busy day but with the added bonus of a series of phone calls at the beginning and very end of my day that left me confused and out of sorts but it is 2:am and I am frosting, {well not really, really I am blogging but the cakes are in between coats and it was either this or hulu}, so all in all it turned out to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment