Monday, July 18, 2011

New Leaf

I don't feel "sage" as they say in French, 28 years old yet I feel eternally 17. I am thinking my mantra for life should be, "I've fallen and I can't get up" . I seem to find myself in complicated situations often receiving hard cancel as my only resolution. I am not offended or saddened by this, I welcome a challenge and realize I am hard nut to crack. Many I know love to feel grounded, they find safety and solace in knowing there roots are deep in the earth holding them steady. I am not this way...I am more like those air plants you see in tourist shops that they make into fridge magnets, you know these guys (more scientifically known as the genus Tillandsias with about 540 species belonging to the bromeliad family)....
yep that's me on the right, sticking out a bit and no roots. I find I am happiest in chaos when the world is spinning around me and there are millions of things to do. Don't make me out to be a total disaster, I love peace and calm just like the next guy but there is so much wonder in this world I find it hard at times to "sit still". My dreams surpass my abilities however, I have yet to quench the desire to continue on this path of complexity and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment