Friday, July 15, 2011

Expectations

My entire life I have heard to never compare myself to others.....ya right, can't help it. The past few weeks have left me a bit numb(?) as I have selfishly spent too much time looking at how old I am and wondering: is this what I wanted to do? didn't I want kids by this time? didn't I want a PhD? didn't I want to have a few more stamps in the passport? didn't I want to have completed 2 triathlons and be able to speak 5 languages? and then I found this......

we must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us
{joseph campbell}

and I felt a little better. I am not sure how "willing" I am (ask anyone and they may say I am more stubborn or headstrong) however, I have created a little niche and while it has evolved from my juvenile life plan, it suits me just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment