Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Destiny: So in a conversation with a dear friend {ya it was totally my mom} this morning,  I was reminded of who I used to be, the girl who drove home every single day of high school during lunch just to avoid any form of confrontation, positive or negative, and eat in peace.

I was trying to escape. The problem is, you can’t escape life. You can’t escape destiny. And, boom, life is now catching up. I now on a daily basis get to defend my position, defend my decisions, defend just about everything I do in the male dominant chef world, as a female chef taking the position that was previously held by a male celebrity chef. I have difficult conversations with mouthy employees, and try to balance my simple tender insides, with being firm, and sure on a daily basis.


Lesson of the day…..don’t try to outrun destiny, you will loose. Embrace all that life has prepared for you…even if it doesn’t always hug back.

No comments:

Post a Comment