Friday, January 24, 2014

DBD#10 Snore Feast:he was tall, light, and handsome. Blue eyes that swallowed me. He had asked me to dinner at his place, and seeing he was tall but french...therefore I could take him....I agreed. I showed up all primped and ready, he had made a lovely spread. The conversation was a charming mix of english and french. We ate, then sat down for a movie. He hits play, I'm thinking I might get held if things go well, the trailers at the beginning start, and then I wake up to a blank TV. Yep. You read it right. I wake up, I have a blanket on, the hall light is on, and a note is taped to the TV:

"Monica, 
you looked so tired and are snoring so loud, I went to my friend's flat across the hall. Feel free to spend the night, text me when you wake up."

I wiped the drool of my face, found my shoes, then took a very awkward short walk home. Note to self, when meeting a stranger for the first time, nap first because falling asleep with a stranger isn't safe. Note #2 to self, when meeting a stranger for the first time, nap first because, "snoring so loud" will ensure you never get a 2nd date.

1 comment: