Friday, November 8, 2013


CHINAPHOTOVERLAOD

THE WALL: Words fail. You hear of it, you see pictures in history books, you think of how it would be to see, and then all your preconceived notions are shot down the moment it comes into view. There are no western emotions that accurately convey what it does to you....and maybe I am far to idealistic, and romantic about the whole situation, but walking on that wall, seeing that city, these are things I never fathomed I would see. Weaving and twisting along the harsh ridge line, such an organic whimsical structure from a distance. Up close the magnificence is hard to comprehend.

 


(before you climb, you can write your wish, on this...I didn't want to spend the money to buy one so I threw a coin in a nearby pool...no kiss on the great wall. That's what I get for not doing it right. Lesson learned people!)



The Forbidden City:Such a mysterious place, a maze of yellow and green tiles, delicate carvings, priceless treasures. Ponds and gardens, houses finished, structures forgotten. Miles and miles and miles of rooms and thrones and steps, and dragons.  They say we only use about 10% of our mental capacity at any given time, today after seeing all this I just wanted to close my eyes. My brain was full. I could no longer process any more. After 5 hours I had to leave, because I quite literally couldn't look at anything else. Mental processor was smoking, I had filled up my internal hard drive, updating was necessary and I needed to restart my system.



 

 

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me that's your green Mandrin Duck bag you took to visit China! Also, that little gold statue under the claws of the bigger dragon statute reminds me of Kenza.

    ReplyDelete