Thursday, September 12, 2013

The time I went to the mountains to cook for a young adult group: Last weekend I was asked to cook for 100 young single adults for 3 days. Challenge accepted, weekend was bliss. Accept for when you get all those pent up hormones in one cabin, and standards and morals are taken to their utmost breaking point {because the boys room is just across the hall!}, and instead of acting on the urges, they pull the fire alarm at 3 am, because at a cabin in the woods, that is about as risque and wild as a 22 yr olds can be without bringing dishonor to the family.

that is what happened....here is how I reacted:

My last apt in DC had a very touchy, very loud fire alarm. It would sometimes go off because the guy upstairs was cooking! I would fan it with whatever was close and be done with it. At 3am in a cabin in the woods in Utah, I am fast asleep, so when I fire alarm goes off, naturally I revert back to DC. In my underwear, I jump up on top of my bed, grab my quilt and proceed to frantically jump fan in the direction of the fire alarm 5 feet above my head. It only took about 15 seconds of crazy for me to realize there was no smoke, I was barely conscious, doing no good, and looking ridiculous. It was at this moment I got back into bed and was never so grateful I was sleeping alone, because if anyone had seen, I would have never lived it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment