Saturday, August 31, 2013

That one time in my life I didn't want to be in charge {I know, it finally happened}: there are certain situations I do not like, yard sales are one of them. I am terrible at flea markets too....my conversations go something like this:

"um this says it is $15 dollars, would you take $10 or could we do 2 for $20"
"no this is very nice item"
"okay, you're right, I'll give you $16 how about that?"

At yard sales the conversations are the very same. And if I am the seller it's worse:

"um this says it is $15 dollars, would you take $10?"
"how about I pay you $15 just to leave me alone and you keep the shirt"

However on Saturday I faced my fear. My mom and sister, Jen, wanted help with their yard sale, and I cannot resist anything either of those two ask! And I love money :) I can haul boxes, I can price, I can setup, take-down, shlep, but sit there and barter?! Oh no my friends, not for me, I would much prefer vaccinating a rabid pitbull. They said I didn't have to :) and if anyone came near me, I pretended to not speak english, and if they didn't either, I just pointed at Jen or Mom. We didn't make tons, but I did take my share in mostly $1 bills so this morning when I woke up I could throw the money while in bed like they do in the movies.....it was glorious, until I remembered they were just a bunch of $1's. Then I felt just felt like a waitress, or a stripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment