Thursday, May 2, 2013

Food:shall we talk about the food? Let's. Singapore is an incredible melting pot of culture. Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Malay, and they all fit in one compact little country, and they all have a presence. Singapore's fine dinning circuit is simply ridiculous! Amazing chef's. However, the hakkas -little food stands crammed together- are equally amazing. I didn't know what I was ordering half the time so I just pointed or told the cook to choose for me. Sometimes this was a ver VERY wise choice and my mind was blown, other times this was a bad bad choice and my mind was literally blown because the food was so hot! I ate fish head soup - yes the fish head had giant sharp teeth-, noodles till I almost popped, curries, sushis, japanese pancakes, thanks Andres for that little gem, fine food, street food, hot food, cold food. It is greatly missed. 

World renowned steamed pork dumplings. The server was a bit shocked I ate them all by myself...and they were just the appetizer ;)

 Steamed Vanilla Cake. A very gelatinous take on cake....it was divine. Not sure I can replicate it, but I will certainly be trying. 
 Lychee sorbet with a deep fried crab stuffed lychee. @ Savour. AMAZING!
 Seared scallop with dill vichyssoise, squid ink, barley crumble @ Savour I think i licked the plate
 Prosciutto with tomato and mozzarella meringue via liquid nitrogen...meh good idea but not amazing
 pink peppercorn macaron sandwich, street food...herbed bun with sausage. 
 my mystery bag, a point and order moment that resulted in pure lust for prata...and they serve their to-go sauces in baggies, so great. 
Look at their faces :) They are in awe because we were @ Luke's having: lobster mac and cheese, the most amazing burger I have ever put in my mouth, steak tartar to perfection, and a few small bites sent out by the chef
 {they were only sent out because we were tagalongs with the simply wonderful Andres Lara}
 The bacon that literally made my taste buds weep it was so good.
{let it be known had Luke not been married I would have kissed him on the mouth for that makin that bacon!}
 more street food, noodles with a soy cake and shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment