Saturday, April 6, 2013

Choose your own adventure: did you ever have those books?I didn't,  but I had friends who did, and when I say I didn't, it means I had access to them, but thought they were dumb.  That thought is now catching up with me.... Dear Choose Your Own Adventure Gods, please forgive me, and from now on, even though I can't see all the choices, please just give me the good adventure, not the one were in the end I get attacked by killer bees or end up where I starter.

Day 2 I got up for a lovely little jont to the reservoir, them home before the morning mini monsoon. The flat I was suppose to stay in was amazing! Complete with Olympic lap pool, maid who did all the laundry and ironing, high tech toilet, fridge, keyless entry, not to mention it was in one of the posher neighborhoods. Well the room I was to stay in was rented out a day before I came. So, I got the couch the first night, long enough to really covet this place, then over to 15A Jalan Senang. Snoopy sheets, smells like my grandma Jean's mothball attic, I share a totally blue bathroom with a dude who forgets to unlock my side of the door when he is done, there was no toilet paper, which I found out too late in the process, and to flush it you use the little bucket/pot combo to the side. There is no shower curtain but it came with my own Garfield mug i can use for the stay, and it is only $350 for 2 weeks and it is across the canal from the posh place, so at least I get to look at what my adventure could have been;)

The kitchen was a dream, new, clean, clean, new, everything worked, and the executive chef swore like a sailor and had a mini fit about some eggs so things were well with the universe. I plated 30+ desserts, made a handful of recipes, and then had a lovely dinner with the chef. My biggest challenge will be not letting me get in the way....the shy me, the uncomfortable me, the what the {insert profanity of choice} am I doing here me, the " yep I should have gone to Disneyland" me, the I am not really as brave as I thought me, the jumping off the cliff while thinking " I jumped and now I just hope I don't backflop in the water" me. So that was not a nutshell, but in a nut shell, you can't always choose your adventure. You can choose the destination but in the end, all you really get to choose is whether you get out now, or buckle up and hold on. I am buckled, and I am not just going to hold on, but love every minute of this with my eyes wide open so I don't miss a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment