Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DBD #6 Decorators Feast: Oh you thought they were done ?! silly you. So I know I said during February I would post about love, well this about the absence of love :) and it is so great. I think as long as I am single, I will continue to find dive bomb dates. I don't search for them, they find me. I think the universe knows I like a good joke. So last night....date was planned a few days in advance, he seemed nice enough via text, and then, I met him. Nice, so nice, like hummingbird food sweet nice, too nice. I could overlook that though :) Also 3 inches shorter than me and I was in flats. I could overlook that too :). He gave me a quick tour of his giant fancy house before we were going to leave for the movie, he had hand selected vinyl sticker quotes from Disney movies to go in every room! This would be hard to overlook :) He had a room custom painted and decorated as a nursery for when he got married and had a baby! This would also be hard to overlook :) There was more with the house, but the vinyl quotes and nursery are the highlights. So on to the movie.....wait why is he taking me down stairs? Wait, we are watching a movie here? Fine, I can overlook that. All of a sudden the movie comes on, Madagascar 3, it's a cartoon, and it isn't a joke, he seriously has picked this out!!! Can't really overlook that. I stay. 30 min into the movie he leans into hug me, smashes his cheek against mine, and I am thinking, "thanks for the free exfoliation, but really? if this is your big move, you should have shaved".  The cheek smashing is as far as it goes, when he is done, he takes my face in his hands and says, "it is taking all the restraint I have not to kiss you. I never kiss on a first date, it's a rule. I've only kissed 4 girls in my life and I would like you to be my fifth, just not right now". Hold up Casanova, you are 34 and you have only kissed 4 girls?  My, my, I don't think I can be your 5th. I am way too much for you. The movie ends, there is another long awkward hug, another cheek exfoliation, an offer for me to stay for a late dinner- that I politely decline- and then the best part. I go to put on my coat, my arm brushes the drapes, the top valence shifts a little and then he shoves me away from the drapes and says, "Whoa be careful. Those took me 2 hours to iron and position" I attempt to readjust the valence. "Whoa no no no I will get that, just don't touch anything." He goes in for one more hug, I go right for the door handle and say, "I think we are done here".  And thus ends another DBD story for your reading pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. Can't even believe this one... wow! You totally were right to get out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me you secretly took photos on your phone of those disney quotes and nursery!!!!!

    ReplyDelete