Saturday, October 13, 2012

Check List: my most recent list:

*book flight to Chicago_____check
*confirm rental car_____check
*pack knives in CHECKED bagged not carry-on_____check
*press chef jacket_____check
*get stoked for a week at French Pastry School_____check!
*cell phone, iPad, iPod chargers_____check
*get reading material for the plane _____ almost, that happens at the airport {the usual shmut magazines, People, Us Weekly, and some bridal magazine, and again not because I am getting married! I like the cakes and sparkly rings :)}

in all honesty I am a bit nervous, the last time that I was in Chicago I was there for 6 wonderful months and a lot was going on. I had just gotten engaged, I was living with my uncle who's marriage was failing, unbeknownst to me, which led to me moving out and living in my car in a parking garage for almost a month, and a few other little snippets. Since then I have been avoiding the city. I know it sounds silly, I usually take things straight on, timid is not my go to state. Even more than that, it's not a weird boyfriend, or a nasty neighbor, it's just a city, and a wonderful one at that, but it is one full of memories. So tomorrow I will hop on a plane and with anxious anticipation step foot, and make new memories, hopefully better ones, once again in the windy city of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment