Sunday, September 9, 2012

Churchy: yes it happens from time to time. I am not one who talks solo on religion. I keep the things I love close. I think talking about shoes, or my apt redo, or random happenings is easy because it is just that, a random happening. Last Thursday I had a not so random happening that stood as a simple yet very clear fact that God is present in my life and he cares about the silly things that rock my foundation. Last Thursday I felt like He was right next me.....

I don't get anxious, anxiety is foreign to me. I stay pretty chill when things are swirling. Well the past 3 months a little situation has been out of my control, my heart has been sad and I have been an anxious wreck on a weekly basis, pulse racing, can't focus, tired, just a bit of a mess whenever I would start thinking about this. {and yes the "this" won't be disclosed so don't get your hopes up} Well I went out of town Friday and decided while I was away, if I could make the time, I was going to try to make sense of the "this" so I could go back to a bp of 120/80. That being said Thursday I was shaky. I had laundry, cleaning my apt, take Kenza to Rockville, straightening Dave and Amy's place, errands, 3 little gils to watch, I had to pack, deliver a cake, take Kenza to the vet, drop off the Jetta to get rekeyed, shower... I had too many things to do and not enough time. And then the day started...laundry, cleaning, showering, packing, they all went seamlessly. Wendy called and said she could watch Kenza so I didn't have to drive to Rockville. The girls were all happy, there wasn't a wait at the vet, I was calm, not anxious at all. And then I looked at the clock 11:48a. What should have taken me until 4p that day miraculously took half the time. I drove from my place to Dave and Amy's to start in there and when I opened the door my mouth dropped, the cleaning people had come a day early. For 3 years the cleaning service has always come Friday at 3:30. Today was Thursday at 12p and they had come. The house was spotless, I didn't need to spruce up. Lunch hadn't even been fixed yet and everything on my list was done. The girls headed up stairs to play, I dropped to my knees and thanked God for keeping me close on a day when I needed it most. It wasn't life or death, it wasn't a world issues, it was just little me, worried about what the next day would bring. I have lived this life in DC for 5 years, I know how this city runs, I know how I run, and last Thursday while no sea was parted, and no mountain was moved, I was shown how much I really matter and how much He cares with a series of subtly unexpected, but dually noted events.

No comments:

Post a Comment