Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Squatter: funny thing construction...sometimes in the middle of it you have to put all your stuff under tarps so it doesn't get dusty.....another funny thing is that construction sometimes forces you to stay elsewhere-{prepare for the really long run on sentence that will follow}- but if you are me you are so tired of moving and having your life in 2 different storage sheds that when the promise of something appears and then is ripped from you, you just hold on to the hope as long as you can and instead of moving yet again to a temporary place for a few weeks or stay in a hotel -good luck finding one that allows dogs- you sneak in at night after construction has ceased and sweep a space big enough to put your mattress down on a piece of plastic because even dusty and tarped it feels like home and you need one thing in your life to be going right or at least feeling right and sleeping on my bed with my down comforter right now is that thing. But I still kinda feel like a squatter.
behold my kitchen/living room turned bedroom
behold my makeshift Murphy bed :)
by the time the crews get here each morning they have no idea I slept here

1 comment: