Friday, August 3, 2012

Autocorrect: so recently I have had a few rather choice moments with my autocorrect on my cell phone, here are 3 of them in order of easiest to hardest to overcome:

to a friend who had thanked me for being in his "path"- mind you this a strictly plutonic friend with a wife and kids that I adore and we have all known each other for 10 years-

what I wanted to say :
"I too am glad we have shared paths"
what autocorrected:
"I too am glad we have shared baths"

to a pastry client I had never met who texted me that her son had just passed away so she would have to cancel her order.
what I wanted to say:
"Janette I am so so sorry"
what autocorrected
"Janette I am so so dirty"

to a single guy from church -whom I do not fancy if you will- who sent a mass text asking people to help a girl move:
what I wanted to say:
"Count me in, I'd love to"
what autocorrected
"Count me in, I love you"

maybe I need to be more thorough in my editing before I hit send, maybe I need to turn autocorrect off, maybe I need to slow {ha ya not happening}. Whatever the case may be all I know is after wanting to remain invisible at church, I am now very very visible to at least one after professing my love last night!

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. I hope Conor doesn't wake up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha, autocorrect has treated me similarly ;)

    ReplyDelete