Wednesday, June 13, 2012






Numb: the conversation was jumbled back and forth about the day, jobs, weather, random errands, a cut on her foot, my boss being late, her husband, my manfriends, more about the kids, blah blah blah Chemotherapy started....................and then nothing else she said registered. How did I not know, why I was not told sooner, why can't I breath right now, why am I crying, and why can't I answer when she asks if I am still there, I am nodding but she can't see the nod, nothing but numb.

2 comments:

  1. Monica, I'm sorry you are going through this with your friend. I know the feeling. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. Its surreal. I hope you and your friend are alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he is more than just a friend, he is my dad....so I kind of get how you are feeling. I am so so sorry, and I hope all goes well with your family.

      Delete