Tuesday, May 22, 2012


Graduation: at 6:15 he woke up to get ready....by 7:00 we were out the door. Gown was steamed, tie was tied, mowhawk combed over, and I was in my pajamas still :) I drove him to campus then I rushed back to dry rub the steaks, make the shortcake, cut the fruit, and get out of the pajamas! By 9:15 everything was done and we were on route to Severance Hall at Case Western Reserve University. There was a lot of this....

Then this....

and finally this.....
tongue..did you stick your tongue out?...Maybe...
really did you?....whatever just smile
{you can't see it, but I matched my shoes to the color of his hood, it was pretty great}
The emotions for me were different because I couldn't even begin to comprehend what 5 years of medical school would have been like. I hear there was a lot of this.....

But I hadn't been there for that, I wasn't family, I almost felt guilty because I just slipped in at the end of the process, my "place" was a bit confusing. But placing aside, it was a fantastic privilege to get to share in the celebration of the amazing accomplishments of someone I adore. Who really continues on for 5 years after undergrad only to be told another 5 years of 80+ hr/wks before you get your "own" patients. I am amazed at his drive, I am inspired by his humble genius, I am so proud of his passion and everything he has overcome in the past 5 years even though I don't know every detail. Gable Moffitt you truly are an incredible man, and will be a fabulous M.D. {and you look super hot in scrubs!}
{the robe makes him look sumo...he is far from it...and if you can't tell they are chest bumping}

No comments:

Post a Comment