Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reconnect: New Year's resolutions are short lived, this is fact. I realized my own list of the 10-20 things I would "change" only survived until about March of any given year-give or take 3 months- so I reworked my system. For the past few years I have picked just one word that I would work on. This can be anything: patience, love, kindness, service, etc. This year I chose to reconnect. My divorce left me sporadic, as most do, and while I love a little chaos and unplanned adventure, I need connection. So I have been working on reconnecting with everything. Reconnecting with myself, my dreams, my needs, my limitations. I am trying to reconnect with friends, family, life. One of the most difficult things for me has been reconnecting with my God. While my faith has never wavered, my belief in this gospel has never changed, my relationship with Him has been put on hold so my spiritual pools have remained shallow at best. A few related experiences shocked my system and along with everything else that last year brought me, this was something I had to put in the "work on later" bin. I haven't worried about this because I am human, and perfection is a long road who's end won't be reached in this life. However, things have settled a bit and I will spare you the detail but leave you with the fact that reconnecting with my life, especially my God, especially this weekend, has been the best New Year's resolution yet.

1 comment: