Friday, January 20, 2012

Final: today in pressed black pants and french twisted hair, I appeared before the judge and raised my right hand, swore to tell the truth and she asked:

"Were you married May 23, 2009"
"Yes"
"Do you reside in DC"
"Yes"
"Is the provided agreement a true representation of how properties are to be divided"
"Yes"
"We are restoring your name to Monica Kate Moore
M-O-O-R-E, is this correct"
"Yes"
"Let it be recorded on January 20th 2012 that I Justice Rankin.......

everything blurs and I am not sure how to feel, I am handed my original marriage certificate and the next case is called. The room widens, almost spins. Do I celebrate? Do I buy myself something pretty? Do I phone a friend? It's over and I don't know how to feel, I brewed some tea and went for a long drive. Today I did something hard, I cried with a dear friend then took a deep breath and said goodbye to past as I moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment