Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ABC: every month the leaders of the Church I belong to, put out a message. They are always wonderful but this particular months sat so happy on my soul. I think it is applicable to everyone of every faith. Thomas S. Monson, the current Prophet, outlined the ABC's to help us gain an abundant life:

A attitude We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we cultivate a positive attitude.

B believe Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities.

C courage Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”

An abundant life is something I think we all desire on some level, for me I am silly, I just want 14 acres by a lake and a bakery with a few kids (husband too, hope you read between the lines), 2 dogs, and good relationships with family and friends. I think these are worthy goals and completely attainable. For some abundance is material, for others it is more figurative seeking abundance in happiness and friendships, whatever it may be I think dreams are meant to be made into reality and these ABC's would help anyone do so.


2 comments:

  1. I love this article! I read it on Monday and it has set the tone for my whole week. I love your blog mon amie! Your insights mean a lot to me. Je t'aime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this article keeps popping up and I think there is a reason...it is truth and comes out so simply. Thank you for sharing it, these are certainly words that never get old and need to be brought to the front of our minds regularly.

    ReplyDelete