Thursday, December 15, 2011

Simple: I hastily await Christmas this year because I cannot wait to have things be simple. Some years feel easy, they have their days sometimes weeks, but they seem as a whole easy. I have had a few of those, and a few of these. By "these" I mean the complicated years. They can be years of death or pain or so much change that you can't tell up from down or home from abroad, the years of hurried pace or kaleidoscope emotions, of too many sleepless nights or getting home and then realizing you don't remember the last 12 hours [and you haven't had 12 redbulls or a joint], they are just complicated. You can't avoid them you just have to let them run their course. You can however determine how the complications will affect you. (confession I am not as much like a duck as I would like to be....things tend to stick a bit). One of my favorite artist Brian Andres (mind you I don't adore his art but I adore his quotes) has this on one of his Story People:

"I finally got to exactly where I wanted to be, she said, so why won't all these growth experiences go away & leave me alone?"

I don't feel that I am exactly where I want to be but I can gaze hopefully to the day when all the growth experiences will go away and leave me alone- I imagine that day will be when I have Alzheimer's because even if they do come, I won't remember them :)- until then I look forward to next Friday which will mark the day my "simple" time this year begins. Simple time like this... spending 5 minutes just to get these incredibly delicious little cookies to stand up while I take pointless pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment