Tuesday, December 6, 2011

*yep it's a divroce-esque post about how I am feeling, not going to apologize because this is my blog and I can write what I want, but just thought I'd warn you in case you don't want to hear about it*
Loss
: last night I tagged along with my actor friend who had advance screening passes to an upcoming movie that was followed with a Q&A session with Patton Oswalt. It was interesting, a comedian turned actor gabbing about his new film that was artistic but not enticing enough to even make it onto my list of "films to see if you get a free redbox code". But all that aside, he did have something to say struck me enough that I wrote it down;

"Life is about loss. Turning away from it keeps you childish, only in facing it, will you move forward."

Patton you could not be more spot on. We must acknowledge and process the happenings of our life. Processing loss hurts. Loss of a job, loss of a friend, loss of a home. If you think I really want to look at the fact that this year I lost: a love, a companion, a dear friend, a confident, and a comforter, all in one fell swoop you have another thing coming. I don't want to think about the loss divorce has brought me, but I have. I have taken it dead on and I am finding peace in moving forward in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment