Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wounds: wounds are funny things, some you see right away because blood is gushing or bones are exposed, some are subtle and just present themselves when pushed or touched and you have to think, "how did I get this giant purple bruise". Some wounds are physical, some are emotional, they are just another part of mortal life.

Often during church I sing the songs, focusing on the notes or the alto/soprano/tenor part so I don't sing off key, I rarely focus and internalize the words. This past Sunday as I sang this verse:

As I search the holy scriptures,
May thy mercy be revealed.
Soothe my troubled heart and spirit;
May my unseen wounds be healed.

I heard the words, and I was touched. I am private about my religion because it is not something I do to fit in or be cool, (and not many think being Mormon is cool but I sure do!) I am not Mormon because my mother and father are, I am not Mormon because I was told to be or pressured into it, I am Mormon because it gives my life purpose, it restore my hope in each day, being Mormon is not something I do, it is who I am. The knowledge and wisdom I have gained about myself and how I fit, are some of my most precious possessions. Now that being said back to the song, I was drop kicked a few times this past year and my "bruises" were well hidden by a smile and a cheery voice, it was all I could do to continue so as not to focus on the hurt. However, every wound must be addressed and healed in order for progression. I wasn't about to broadcast my situation because there were too many unsure variables, so I just went about my days. Last Sunday as I sat in church, tears were held back as I sang that song, because I realized my unseen wounds were being healed because among other things, I was reading an amazing book and it was changing me.

3 comments:

  1. :) this post makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you...that's all I can or need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, MK. I know that it takes time - I lived with my sister right after her divorce - and sometimes it's rough. But you have many people who love you and pray for your continued happiness and success.

    ReplyDelete