Monday, November 14, 2011

Heart: it is a funny thing this organ. Doctors will tell you it has 4 chambers, valves, arteries, veins, they will tell you in the most clinical terms how it functions and why it is so necessary for life. That is easy compared to this...the parts of the heart that can't be explained or transplanted or healed. They are the parts that hurt the most. Today those tender parts of my heart go out to my dear sweet cousin Robert and his beautiful wife, Stacey. On October 2nd she gave birth to little 1lb. 7 oz. Collin, I have followed his progress on facebook and in conversations with my mom and today I received a chain of emails concerning this little guy. After more than a month of loving him and having him in their new little family, Robert and Stacey had to let Collin go on Saturday. I am thousands of miles away, I haven't seen family in months, and I cannot begin to image what the hearts in their home are feeling tonight. Even with knowing that families are forever, loss of any kind weighs heavy. How grateful I am for the closeness of family and faith, while they don't heal the hurt, they provide a safe place to land. "When life's perils thick confound you, His sheep securely fold you, His arms [are] unfailing round you"

2 comments:

  1. That's heartbreaking. Really sweet thoughts on your part. May that family be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet precious baby. My heart breaks and I cried when I read this. Little hands and a tiny little face. So thankful for the gospel. I really cant even imagine.

    ReplyDelete