Friday, September 30, 2011

*warning personal dumping and more info that you probably wanted in the following post*

Lighter: I was in ballet a few days ago and I was doing a little across the floor sequence when the teacher stopped me...I hate it when they do this!......"you will be lighter if you look up, that last time you looked at the floor and hardly came of it, try again. Now ladies watch the difference..." With my theoretical tail between my legs I headed to the corner of the room to repeat my previously flawed action, correcting it with simple ocular elevation. Doubtful much would change I followed instruction and the results were surprisingly as predicted; I gained 8 inches of vertical lift by simply shifting my focus. The last few months my focus has been on the floor, I have been heavy. Making difficult decisions, thinking hard thoughts, moving my life into a storage shed, and looking at his sleeping face the morning I left him and thinking, "I want to wake you up and tell you what is coming, but I can't." And then leaving, feeling like a monster because nothing was even said, no verbal, "FYI tomorrow I will be gone". I was told I was a runner, a quitter, a coward, a shell of a human. I focused on the "floor" and felt this way, heavy with no lift. There were lawyers, calls, texts, wanting to be my best but somehow coming up sub-par for the course more than I wished. It wasn't all him, it wasn't all me, it wasn't 1 thing. I was a body of severed limbs sinking in a hungry shark tank, and then I started to shift my focus. The ground will always be the ground, there will always be a low, it is a universal law. However, knowing the ground is there and focusing on its' existence are 2 different things. You must understand your opponent to appreciate the fight. "Lift-off" cannot happen when your gaze is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment